ACH is a convenient way to contribute cash to your IRA. The process from opening the account to when the funds are released can take as few as 1-2 business days but may take up to 4-5 business days. The process of funds being transferred from your bank to us is automatic and begins once your account has been verified. Below is a step-by-step guide to using ACH for direct cash deposits.
Once in your dashboard, select "Add Funds"
Next, select "Cash Contribution"
Then select "ACH" as the funding method
After selecting "ACH" as the funding method, the ability to link your bank account will appear. Select the green box to begin linking your bank account (see below)
After verifying and selecting the account you want to link, you will be redirected to the iTrust dashboard. Fill out the Amount, Tax Year, and Contribution Type and click "Submit".
After depositing, you will be notified when your funds are available.
If you would like to cancel an ACH contribution, please contact your current financial institution. While we can do our best to cancel a pending ACH request on our end, it is always best to reach out to your financial institution to ensure the funding gets formally canceled. You can read our Cash Contribution FAQ here.
Was this article helpful?
Articles in this section
- Can I link multiple bank accounts to contribute via ACH?
- Can I contribute to an Inherited IRA?
- What if I over-contributed to my IRA?
- Is my ACH being processed?
- Can I make pretax contributions to my IRA via payroll deduction?
- Can I contribute or transfer crypto from an exchange wallet like Kraken, Gemini, or Coinbase?
- Can I fund my account with an ACH Transfer, Debit Card or Credit Card?
- How much can I contribute per year?
- I contributed to a Roth IRA but I make over the income limit
- How do I make a cash contribution to my IRA?