What is a "Rollover IRA?" What is a "Rollover IRA?"

What is a "Rollover IRA?"

Contributor Contributor

Often an individual will leave an employer and then move ("roll over") their previous employer-sponsored retirement plan (i.e. 401(k), 403(b), 457) into an IRA. Many large institutions will then title this type of account a "Rollover IRA." Please keep note that a "Rollover IRA" will need to be submitted as an “IRA Transfer” when adding the inflow to your dashboard, rather than a “Rollover”.