Often an individual will leave an employer and then move ("roll over") their previous employer-sponsored retirement plan (i.e. 401(k), 403(b), 457) into an IRA. Many large institutions will then title this type of account a "Rollover IRA." Please keep note that a "Rollover IRA" will need to be submitted as an “IRA Transfer” when adding the inflow to your dashboard, rather than a “Rollover”.
Was this article helpful?
Articles in this section
- How To Transfer My IRA to iTrustCapital
- What is a "Rollover IRA?"
- Can I transfer my Roth IRA to a Traditional IRA?
- How do I complete my Transfer Form?
- Transfer Your Bitcoin / Crypto IRA 'In-Kind'
- How long will it take for the wire transfer from my current custodian to arrive?
- Where are my funds from my transfer?
- How to Transfer an Inherited IRA