The IRS only permits a new contribution into an IRA to be in USD. For this reason, we cannot fund an IRA with crypto from an exchange or a wallet.
However, if you own crypto in another qualified IRA, you can perform an "In-Kind Transfer" - allowing you to fund your account with crypto without liquidating.
Please see the video below for more information.
Was this article helpful?
Articles in this section
- Staking (FAQ)
- How can I find/generate my account statement?
- Can my IRA be owned by my LLC or Trust?
- What are the requirements to open an IRA with iTrustCapital?
- Where is my Service Pin?
- After my account gets funded, does it start as Crypto or USD?
- Can I make a contribution to an IRA with Cryptocurrency I already own?
- What is the minimum and maximum contribution amount per account?
- How quickly can I set up a new IRA?
- How do I buy and sell once I am set up?