The following steps will guide you through initiating a rollover.
1. From your iTrust dashboard, select "Contribute" under US Dollar section.
2. From the dropdown menu, select "Employer Plan Rollover"
3. A form will appear for you to you complete. After completing select "Done"
4. After completing your forms accurately, our client success team will reach out with further instructions.
How long will my Rollover / Transfer take? And how can I speed it up?
Employer Plan Rollovers take an average 2-6 weeks. To rollover an employer plan (401k, 403b, TSP, 457, etc.), a client will contact the plan administrator to initiate the rollover with the instructions we provide. We provide both bank wire instructions and check mailing instructions. Unfortunately, 99% of all plan administrators only mail physical checks. And to make it worse, they only send it through the old-fashioned regular mail. Combine a long processing period with snail mail, and a rollover can take up to a month to fund.
My rollover check is made Payable To iTrustCapital, is that ok?
No, all checks must be made payable to iTrust Custodial Services as our email instructs.
Do I endorse a rollover check sent to me?
Do not endorse the rollover checks received. Email the check as is to the address provided in our funding email.
Common Issues & Helpful Tips
When contacting the plan administrator, here are some questions to ask:
- What day is the check going to be sent? Or was sent?
- What method was the check sent?
- If it has not been mailed yet, can I pay to have it expedited?
- If so, what is the tracking number?
- If mailed regular mail, the average time for delivery is 7-10 business day
Clients often contact us to get an update of where their check is. Unfortunately, we have no way to assist. We, like our clients, are at the mercy of the plan administrator and USPS.